Use your .lu domain name reliably and with total peace of mind by using "authoritative" servers that benefit from DNSSEC technology
In order to allow the greatest possible number of users to use their .lu domain name easily and reliably, the Restena Foundation provides its community - which consists of players in the fields of research and education, health, culture and administration in Luxembourg - as well as the users (individuals and companies) of its my.lu platform (via its registrar activity) with a set of servers that are "authoritative" for these domains.
These servers contain and distribute information about each .lu name registered in the domain name system (DNS), such as the address of the website or the mail server to which electronic messages must be sent for this domain.
The domains that use this service can benefit from DNSSEC (domain name system security extensions) technology. The information hosted in this way is authenticated by cryptographic keys that guarantee the flawless integration of each domain into a chain of trust within the tree view of the naming system on the internet, and which protect you from attacks that aim to misappropriate your domain name or your associated services.
In order to guarantee a high level of availability of the services associated with each domain name, the Restena Foundation offers two levels of service:
For research and education institutions
Managing the national network for research and education and acting as the national registry for .lu, the Restena Foundation offers its community members a DNS provider service:
- Management interface: DNS zone management platform on the Restena DNS-GUI servers, all domain name extensions and registrars considered.
- Access to servers: direct recording or synchronisation of content on Restena’s master server before diffusion by authoritative servers located in different networks and geographical locations (two in Luxembourg, one in Europe) ;
- DNSSEC signature: optional, from the Restena master server.
For users of the my.lu registration platform
As part of its activity as a registrar of .lu domain names (DNS-LU service), the Restena Foundation offers DNS servers to its domain name holders.
- Management interface: my.lu registration platform, for .lu domain names only.
- Server access: recording of content on Restena's master server before diffusion by two managed authoritative servers, located in different networks and geographical locations, and a group of servers spread across Europe (anycast).
- DNSSEC signature: automatic, from Restena's master server.
More details on the service
Who can benefit?
RESTENA Community, my.lu users
How to benefit?
- Research and education institutions must contact the Restena Foundation by email at email@example.com.
- Users of the my.lu platform must activate the option 'Active, hosted zone’ when registering their domain name.
Assistance and support
Other services that might be of interest to you
Domain names in 1 and 2 characters
Registering a domain name with one or two characters becomes possible.
Locking and authenticating your domain name.
Have a question?